Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Back!!!


So I apologize for not updating my blog for the past few weeks. I have been getting yelled at by family and friends to update so here I am! I was released by Dr. Reeder to return to Hawaii and arrived here last week Thursday. It is great to be back and to be able to get my life back on track. The first few days were spent getting situated in the cottage that I am renting on Diamond Head Rd. right near Kapiolani Park. The cottage is a little small, but it is perfect for a single guy and the location could not get any better. I have the park a block away, Kaimana beach is a 5 min walk away, and Tonggs and Ricebowls surf breaks are just across the street! 
It has also been great to get back and see my family, friends, and coworkers. The first two days back at work have been awesome but a little tiring. My body still needs to get used to an 8 hour work day after everything that it has gone through, but it will come back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of your co-workers dude - we missed you so much, your smile, your laughter and funny comments. And thank you for changing the water bottle for the water cooler. Some of us short people got muscles on our arms while you were gone, and for reals I only did the large confetti on the floor near your cabinet. The OTHERS did the neat patterned confetti look. How did you like the christmas tree and your presents, we saved them for you and well the Christmas tree reminded us of what a GIFT you are to all of us and how we will stay in the present to enjoy each day and how blessed we are you returned to us to keep us in line. WE LOVE YOU ALIKS!

Unknown said...

Wow, Alika, I am so happy to hear you are back to work and settled into a place to live. I've been waiting for a new post from you for awhile too and Aaron told me today that you're back!
You have been through so much. I am so proud of you!
Your place sounds awesome. We'll be in HI from 1/29-2/9 so we should see you, either go out or to the beach, help you with your tan:)

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I am now waiting to read about what you are up to on your blog instead of being there with you!! Miss you loads - but I am so VERY HAPPY for you to be back in Hawaii and back on track with your life. What a year we have survived - as bad as it was I will treasure every second I had with you.

We will see you in February and can't wait to come to Maui Divers and personally thank all the wonderful people there for their love and support.

Enjoy each and every day!!!
Love You
Mom

Anonymous said...

Here's a big mahalo for the update. Your dad kindly kept us posted but it is great to hear from you this way. We especially appreciate the nice photo of Mrs. Dillingham's bidet. When I first moved to the Islands in 1968 I lived in a little house across the street from Jimmy McCarthur (Dano) and his surfboard haulin' VW Kombi van. You are in a great neighborhood. Live large. Alohas from the tundra ... Geoff B. (aka MN Haole)

Tiffany said...

Alika,

It's Tiffany from UWB. I just wanted to check in on your progress and am so happy to hear that you are back home and have been for some time.

Also, wanted to tell you that last night at the bar I work at in Redmond, we put on an auction for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society where my bro-in-law works and we raised over $6000! AWESOME!!!! Made me think of you!

Glad you are back home!

:o) Tiffany