Monday, February 7, 2011

Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty I am free at last!

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and emails regarding my last post! It really helped me to get some feelings off of my chest that I have been struggling with for a while. Secondly and just as important, I met with Dr. Reeder last Friday (2/4) and after some cajoling he agreed to release me to come home! With the news, I rushed home and booked my flight on Hawaiian Airlines before he could change his mind! So I will be heading home this Wednesday (2/9). I cannot wait to get back and see my family, friends and coworkers. It will be hard to leave my mom and Jim and the rest of my siblings here in AZ (Kevin, Bryn and Brooke) and their families but I will visit often and keep in touch like I always do.

Which leads me to another topic that I seemed to have failed to cover in this blog although it is something of great importance to me and that is the fantastic job my mom and Jim have done for me as my caregivers throughout this latest battle and all the previous ones. They have both put up with the stresses and worries of my sickness with such grace and dignity and never showed me their worries despite my knowing how worried they really were. It is very hard on cancer caregivers as the patients are always the ones that receive all of the attention when in fact they are going through just as much physical and mental stress as the patient and need the same amount of support to help them make it through. I just hope they know that all of their sacrifices have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated by me and I will be forever grateful to them! I love you both very much for everything that you have done and continue to do!I cannot list everyone that has helped me throughout this whole ordeal, but I cannot forget the support that I have gotten from my Dad and Nani Janet as well. While they may have not been up here to witness the Mayo side of treatments, they have both been there for me every step of the way back home at Straub. And have gone through the same stresses and worries as everyone else. I still cry when I think of the day that I was first diagnosed and Dr. Liu walked into the room and my dad broke down and asked why it couldn't have been him getting sick instead for me. I love you both as well and cannot wait to see you both in a few days!!

With this being said, I would like to also ask that whenever you talk to my mom or my dad or Jim or ANY of my other family members and ask them how I am doing, please also take the time to ask them how THEY are doing. Because we are all going through this together. Cancer doesn't just affect the patient it affects everyone in their lives!!!

*** If I did not mention you in this blog specifically please do not feel left out, I would end up with a novel if I had to list everyone that has been there for me throughout the last three years. Just know that you and your love and prayers are appreciated and do not go forgotten.

*** I'd also like to ask those of you who read this blog and pray for me to please say a prayer for a few of my friends that are also battling their own forms of cancer, Wyman Ly, Steve Hext and Rhone Rarick. We can all beat this thing if we stick together and fight like we never fought before, so hang in there guys and keep swinging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellently put my friend. And YES YES we are so excited and can't wait to see you. You are probably back already and we have been busy bees trying to catch up and do stuff before you come to work on monday lol... i know i know no funny stuff haaaaaaa

We can't wait to see you dude and yes we thank God almighty as well as mom, dad, your family and all our friends who said a group prayer.

See you Monday - love mahdah d

Anonymous said...

hey! you should create a tumblr so that people from all around the world could follow you through your tough times. I think that it would be just another way of blogging and you can post anything on it. you should check it out. I have already blogged to people about your blogspot and how they should read it.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I read this a long time ago and never commented....but very happy for you - you killed that:) Too bad you couldn't come and visit us but I guess it worked out for the better;)