Thursday, September 8, 2011

Update, Finally!!!

I apologize for not updating as often as I should. I am back to work full time so I am on a computer all day long at work and the last thing I want to do is go home and turn on my computer. But I want to keep everyone updated on my progress so I know I should be on here more often than I have.
Dr. Liu and Dr. Reeder have both said that I am doing great and I have had pretty much NO side-effects from the transplant! An excellent sign as I come up on my one year anniversary on September 16th. I cannot believe it has been a year already since I was given the gift of life by a complete stranger. I hope to be able to contact them once the year waiting period is up and with any luck they will agree to meet with me as I want to thank them personally for being my angel!!! They saved my life and I will be forever grateful to them....
I will be heading up to Arizona again on October 9th for 3 days of tests and scans and then a meeting with Dr. Reeder for my one year check up. I know that everything is going to go great and the test results are going to be excellent! And if I am lucky he will take me off the last of my daily meds so that I can finally enjoy some raw fish again, it was easy to skip when I was in Arizona but it is absolute torture to see poke at every bbq I go to and not be able to have any. I think I am going to go on a poke eating binge as soon as I am able to eat it again! Watch out Rutger Market cause I am coming to wipe out your inventory :)
I have attached a short clip of the video that Jim took during my transplant. It shows the actual donor cells traveling down the IV into my arm. Amazing how this tiny bag of cells rebuilt my entire system! *** Thank you Jim for taking this video as I was so medicated I don't really remember any of this day or the few that followed.

No comments: