Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cowboys v. Cardinals/ Final Update


I was able to make it out to the Cowboys v. Cardinals game this past Sunday to tailgate with Kevin, Brooke, JJ and a bunch of other friends! We had a great time and it was cool to be able to tailgate at a professional event, pretty much what you would expect beer and bbq's but with way too many Cowboys fans. If you didn't know better you might have thought that you were in Dallas. I have to give them credit Cowboys fan sure do travel. The game was exciting with the Cardinals pulling off the win in OT! And it was hard, yet funny, to watch the hoards of Cowboy fans make the walk of shame through the parking lot to their cars following the loss...

As far as updates go, I met with Dr. Reeder today to get the results of my most recent tests and to find out the official schedule of my transplant. Dr. Reeder was very pleased with the results of the tests especially after everything that took place last week and he is feeling optimistic about the transplant. I will be heading in tomorrow once they have a room available for me to get situated and started on pre-meds and hydration. The chemotherapy will then begin Thursday and last for seven days with one day off at the end before they re-introduce my stem cells on the 24th. After that it will be all recovery time with daily blood works tests as we wait for my blood counts to return to a healthy level so that I can be discharged. 

Thanks again to all of you for your support! I will try and update my blog while I am in the hospital, but if I am unable to I will have my mom or Jim type something up so that everyone knows what is going on!

2 comments:

bryn rathvon said...

start thinking about what you want us to bring you....we'll be visiting as much as possible whenever you're ready!!
xxoo

Anonymous said...

and rocky...i bet just bet you were screaming cuz i would be. dallas was my team way back and then i had to get back to my roots NINERS hahaha...What a thrill to be able to go to a pro game. I have an aunt who is a season ticket holder for the niners and all their friends who sit together are all faithful and then there is her who cheers for any other team - what is up with dat...

YIPEE CONGRATS on the good news - we knew that would happen right? oh and today dude you missed the HUGE BIG PIECE of Ali's bd cake we cut for you - was light with custard of something like dat. We decorated of course and well Lori could hear us laughing and she shook her head. Can't wait till you get back so we could take you to lunch and WELL you know we gonna have to give you a home coming right? like your bd hahaha... Ok so remember those leis you wore? we keep adding to each person's birthday i think we have l5 and scottyee boys bd is next - man is he gonna be sweating as he wears them.. we are having hawaiian food yipee...

For bingo - remy won the grand prize a dave and busters gift card - we had fun - doug was so frustrated he took all his goldfish (that was our markers) and he lined them all up like they were swimming upstream classic... and you know who won three games good thing we left early otherwise she mighta been the big winner (like scottyee said give people chance hahaha) man we got some serious competitors at MD.

well dude we be right here for you and know we love and miss you as always.