Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yo Adrian!


My schedule is finally set, after a few more tests this upcoming Monday and a final meeting with my doctor on Tuesday I will be admitted on Wednesday October 15th! I will be in the hospital for about 2-3 weeks depending upon my recovery time, but I am going to do everything that they tell me to do and then some so that I can try and get out of there sooner. I wish that I could sit here and pretend like I am not nervous and scared, but I am. 

This cancer may be as strong as Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago combined, and it has definitely thrown a lot punches at me and had me in the corner more than once wanting to throw in the towel, but that is something that I refuse to do! I have gone through way too much and fought way too many rounds to give up in the 15th because "I aint no bum!" It is now time for me to find the inner Rocky in myself and know that I have a ton of people rooting me on like Rocks trainer Mickey. And with that kind of support there is no way that I can lose! I am going to, "eat lightnin' and crap thunder" until this cancer can't get up from the ten count...

It will be then, that I proclaim to all of you in my corner. "Yo Adrian, WE did it!!!" 




8 comments:

Unknown said...

i love you and am so PROUD of you! you inspire me each and every day.
all my love.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Alika. You will be in our thoughts and prays. See you at Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

Alika,

I just read your update and now know we have the wrong two guys running for President. You've got my vote. Alohas and love from the tundra.

Geoff Bush (aka, MNHAOLE)

Anonymous said...

Excellent rocky lol...

just an fyi our promise was mailed friday so when you are done you get to do what we talked about on the phone. Honestly when you called us, there was a great relief that YOU DEFINETELY WILL BE HEALED! You cracked us up and well yeah you are back to norm so how was your date hahaha... Rocky - just know there is so much LOVE being sent to you and we are still in your corner, by your side and IN YOUR FACE cuz as we said NO WAY in HELL-O is anything gonna bring our handsome, smart and ok CUTE guy down. Ditto to Geoff Rocky you have our vote. WE LOVE YOU and miss you even more! HUGGGGGGGGS from the gang!

Anonymous said...

Alika,
Keep your spririts up! We'll see you soon.


Kris

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting Alika. I'll start the "Rocky" chant when its all over. Emma will help too. Stay strong my friend.
Emma, Leimomi, and Koa

Agnes said...

Yo Alika! Can't wait for this to be over so you can come home! We're thinking of you every day :) LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog and wanted to say that you're amazing!! Stay positive and keep up the strong fight!

- Harmoni