Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Escaped from Mayo!!!

So as some of you already know, I was released from the Mayo Clinic yesterday after 3 long weeks! It was a big surprise since my nurse told me in the morning that my white blood cell count numbers had jumped significantly but that I would still have to stay one more day for monitoring. But when I met with Dr. Reeder an hour later he over ruled her and said that I was in good enough shape to return home!!! It was a little strange leaving the hospital after such a long stay but I think that I am getting used to being home now after a nights sleep in a real bed... Now I am going to be going through weekly blood tests and then probably some radiation just to make sure that everything is completely killed before I get sent back home to Hawaii!!! By the way, if anyone out there in Hawaii is looking for a roommate or knows of a place to rent that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg please let me know as I need to start planning my return!








Home sweet, home!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! YIPPEE!!! You're finally out of that place. LOL... Anyway, hey thanks for the e-mail you sent, Lori forwarded it this morning to everyone at MD. God Bless and may you have a speedy recovery!

-Camille L.

bryn rathvon said...

What!!?? After all we've been through, you still want to leave us?? Don't go!!

Anonymous said...

Alika,

We so happy to hear your good news! You are such a trooper. Have a safe and happy return home.

Love,

Jane

Anonymous said...

Yea! We were thinking about you & glad to hear you were not detained longer than you needed to be. We imagine you sprinted out of there as fast as you could before any Dr. could change their minds. So...any ETA for home? So happy for you.

Geps

Anonymous said...

Alika,

Amazing!! What a blessing. You're on the up and up now! Paradise will be the perfect place to heal. I bet you can smell the ocean air already :)

Praying for you everyday...

Laura

Anonymous said...

sweet! Glad to hear you got released from the hospital!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo tell us when dude so we can get the curry pho, coffee, hanazen chicken, wahoo etc. ready for you. Your email to Lori was so great and well we can see you are back! and when you come home, you need to take mac classes dude...got some new people working there (wink wink)...Be home for the md xmas pty on December 19th? Shall we rsvp for you...YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE (jumping for joy) (SMILE AND GIGGLES) We loves you!

Agnes said...

*doing the cabbage patch* YOU'RE FREE!:) so happy to hear the great news...i knew before you wrote the blog but had to comment anyway! hehehe! miss you and hope you're enjoying being at home!

Anonymous said...

What a great week this has been for good news. As we watch our first snowfall go watch a sunset for us and know we are thinking of, and are inspired by you.

Fly West, young man.

Alohas all the way from the Bush family.

Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the prize, Alika! This is very, very good news. Stay strong and enjoy your home away from home. Love to you and all!