Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet another round of ESHAP required

I just got back from my meeting with Dr. Reeder and unfortunately the PET scan came out positive again. My body has been responding well to the chemotherapy but there are still a few small spots of cancer just below my collar bone and in my chest. Thankfully the mass in my chest has shrunk significantly! The plan now is to start another 5 day round of ESHAP this upcoming Monday and then wait 2-3 weeks to run another PET scan. Hopefully at that time the scan will be negative of any active cancer cells and I will be admitted into the hospital to start the transplant. Thank you to everyone for your continued support! 

As many of you also know, my friend John Gephart is running in the 2008 Honolulu Marathon for Team in Training in my honor. Below is a link to an article from todays Honolulu Advertiser spotlighting John's training and efforts to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Hawaii. Thanks again John, keep up the hard work!!!


My cousin Dallas has also informed me that her friend Becky Hurley will be running the 2008 San Francisco Marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training in my honor. I have never met Becky before but I want to thank her very much for the support and wish her the best of luck!!! Below is a link to her Team in Training webpage:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky has lots of gumption and fight--just like you. Continued best wishes with everything, Alika! Stay strong. We miss, love and think of you every day.

xo,
Dallas, Joe, Regan and Cole

Unknown said...

Hey Bruddah Alika.Stop by to wish you the best.Stay strong.

Allan Lima

Anonymous said...

Hey Alika - It is your long lost Korean sister. I've been following your blog. The last time I saw you, you were a baby. I have many fond memories of your family! Hang in there!